Monday, January 30, 2012

Cha-cha-cha-changes

They say the only thing constant is change, right?

I've been doing a lot of this the last few weeks:















And this is what I think: I am closing this blog.

I am really enjoying my time at home, crafting and filling my Etsy shop and getting to know the Etsy world, but I find that a rather large portion of the time I could be creating is spent on this blog, or on reading other blogs and commenting and trying to break my way into their world.

I am not enjoying that.

I feel like I'm forcing myself to write blog posts when I don't really want to and about things I don't want to post about, trying to find the thing that will make people like me. I'm worried about followers, when the reality is that even the regular readers of my other blog didn't follow me over to here. I miss my old blog. I miss my old readers! I miss being able to say what I want, when I want for no reason other than because I want. I miss being able to read and look at blogs for enjoyment instead of because they might be valuable for me to connect with.

So I'm done. I will continue to document the tearing-apart-of and putting-back-together-of my house on my original blog, because that seems like fun, and all else over there will be business as usual. If you are interested in reading and don't have that blog addy, shoot me a message and I'll send it to you. The rest of my time, I will be able to focus on crafting and Etsy.

If you are interested in my Etsy shop, you can visit here, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

7 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon, this is EXACTLY what I have been thinking too... I guess I should announce it on my blog? You are amazing! :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Dude, you gotta do what works for you. I, for one, will keep on following you wherever you post. :)

ShazBraz said...

Thanks MofWB...you are my blogging rock!

tawnya said...

I miss your old blog, too...

Trish said...

I get it.
I'll follow you anywhere. (Did that sound stalker-ish?)
I have no idea what I'm doing with my own blog. I vacillate between being bored with it and desiring to improve it. blah.

ShazBraz said...

Trish, if I were going to be stalked by someone, I would want it to be you. Ha! How's that for creepy? Make you feel better?

I love your blog. It always makes me happy when I see you have a new post, but I totally get it. It's such a world of it's own (blogging) and it seems like you have to be ALL IN to be in. It's exhausting to me.

bythelbs said...

As long as you're SOMEwhere, I'm cool with it.