Monday, December 19, 2011

Go Speed Racer

My sister ran across this tutorial a few months ago and knew it would be perfect for her own little Hot Wheels lover. After her *ahem*subtle*ahem* hint, I realized that it would go far in cementing my place as the world's best aunt...

We modified the original design a little; we wanted the sides to be less enclosed, and we wanted 5 tracks instead of two. Here is the result:
My own Hot Wheels enthusiasts are 13 and 15, but they proclaimed it a success! Thank you Pretty Handy Girl for sharing both the wonderful project and the easy to follow tutorial.

8 comments:

tawnya said...

Oh holy cow. He is going to FLIP.

Sunny said...

Now that's Awesome!!

L.Jo said...

Awe. Some. I kind of want one! :-)

bythelbs said...

I wish you were my aunt.

Desirae said...

Looks great! Just wondering if, from the original design, your ramp is steeper? It looks like it goes up higher, and is the ramp length the same? We are making one for a nephew, and your modifications are great. Can't wait for him to play with it!!!

ShazBraz said...

Thanks Desirae! I bought one 6 foot board, cut it in half and used half of it for the surface and cut the other half in half diagonally for the sides (clear as mud?)

I can't remember how wide the board was that I bought and the finished ramp is at my sister's house. I will have her measure it and let you know!

Paisley Cinnamon said...

Desirae, the original board was 6 ft. by 12 inches. So the sides of the ramp are about 12 inches high (I say about because the first time we cut the board on the diagonal the saw slipped and we had to lose a little to straighten it up. Oopsie!) and the road itself is 3 feet long. Hope this helps; let me know if you have any other questions!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

This is FABULOUS! ;)I've seen it in action and we might have to make, er, buy one from you for Beck.